Trainer Contact and Certs
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
Precision Nutrition Certification
RPR (Reflexive Performance Reset)
Les Mills group fitness
Congratulations to Heather – voted 2019 Best Fitness Trainer in Irmo Chapin Life!
Heather Kobus specializes in developing individual programs promoting healthy habits involving nutrition, body composition, functional movement, increased stamina, and encouraging habits that are life-changing.
Heather holds private training and group fitness classes at Athletes Arena, coaching clients of all abilities looking for more effective and safer ways to get in great shape. She advocates building a strong, conditioned body allowing a woman to stand in her own power. She believes in the importance of viewing exercise as a means of self-care, and in moving your body in ways that honor your energy level and limitations.
Before her career in fitness, Heather was a professional dancer, instructor, and choreographer. Heather has entered dance community to introduce strength and conditioning to young and experienced dancers to enhance performance and prevent injuries.
Heather not only inspires her clients to challenge themselves, she continually looks for ways to challenge herself personally. She enjoys fitness modeling and fitness competitions. She received 1st place in a National Physique Competition in the 35+ Figure Division, and 2nd place in the Open Figure Division of the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Classic.
She has 25 years experience in the fitness and health industry. Certifications include ISSA (International Sports and Science Association), RPR (Reflexive Performance Reset) PN1 (Precision Nutrition level 1), TRX, Les Mills group fitness, AFFA, Peak Pilates-MVe.
Personal Training with Heather includes:
- Progress reports managing body fat, measurements, progress pictures
- Assistance developing realistic goals
- Personal attention with regular text, phone or email contact
- Helpful information to keep you on track
- Additional workouts with pictures/video that can be performed in-home/traveling
- Nutrition guidance, food suggestions, recipes
- Optional review and critique of your diet log thru myfitnesspal.com
- Warm-up protocol to be completed before your scheduled training session
- Cool Down protocol to be completed after your training session
- In-Home service available add $7.00 per session to any package